Saturday, November 5, 2011

Today's moment of gratitude

Today, I am grateful for the kindness of strangers!

I was at my part-time Saturday job. I had wrapped up all the paperwork to close out, locked up the front, went out the back to put the trash in the bin and....... WHAM! there went the back door. Locked. With all my stuff -- and I mean, EVERYTHING -- still inside. I walked around the side and down to the PakMail location. The owner is usually kind enough to mail off my tally and other paperwork for me, so I thought he might be kind enough to let me use his phone to call the locksmith whose label graced our door.

The owner wasn't there, but one of his employees whom I'd never met before was. He was glad to let me use the phone. The locksmith didn't seem to know what key went to our suite, asking me, "I don't think it's been changed since y'all moved in, but who was the tenant before you?"

I have no idea, sir, I just work here on Saturdays.

Suddenly, the Pakmail guy says, "WAIT! DUH! I have a key; we drop off your packages there all the time!" Sure enough, we walked down and voila! worked like a charm.

WHEW! I gathered my goodies, locked up, dropped off my items to mail, and headed home. All because of the kindness of someone who was willing to help me in whatever way possible. So if you are in the Clemson-Seneca area, I highly recommend the kind people at PakMail at Heritage Pointe (the Bloom shopping center, even though it's really not Bloom anymore but Food Lion.... but I digress).

No comments:

Post a Comment