Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Today, I am thankful for...

.... my dog's keen sense of hearing.

Last night, he began barking heavily. I'm not sure what time it was... just that it was sometime in the middle of the night, something disturbed him and he felt the need to alert us all. Repeatedly. Often.

While, yes, we lost a little sleep over it, I for one am very glad that he's sharp and can hear things that we cannot. Something made his Spidey-sense tingle, not in the good way, and he wanted to let us know. Granted, in this case, it was probably just a bird -- we heard some whistling outside, and figure it was most likely the case, if it wasn't someone actually whistling for their pet.

I'm thankful that he looks out for us, that he is alert and watchful, that he knows that we will care for him in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment